Structuring product models based on IFC in the civil engineering industry, deploying and popularizing development and research to do with implementation and usage.
Prospects of the civil engineering committee
The coordination of infrastructure data in the civil engineering industry is showing very fast expansion domestically and internationally. In Japan, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism published the “CIM implementation guideline” in March 2017, initiating data delivery in IFC in CIM trials and construction works. In the Construction Committee, the Infrastructure Subcommittee, Civil Engineering IFC Qualification Preparation Subcommittee, Civil Engineering Implementation subcommittee naturally cooperates, developing and deploying IFC through data sharing in the infrastructure lifecycle. The users of the project employers, designers, contractors and vendors of the 3D modeling tools and analysis software cooperate and expand in an open environment.
The civil engineering committee has researched and developed IFC to be applied in the civil engineering industry.
- Development of IFC-Bridge in collaboration with buildingSMART France Chapter
- Developing IFC-ShieldTunnel, IFC-Cut&CoverTunnel, IFC-MountainTunnel, unified into IFC-Tunnel
The civil engineering committee operates and expands data sharing in the civil engineering industry.
- Research and development of IDM for data sharing
- Preparation for software compatible with IFC in the civil engineering industry for certification
- Verification experiments of data trading in IFC
- Collecting information for international movements, collaboration and sharing information with domestic and international related groups
Cooperation with buildingSMART International Infrastructure Room
At the bSI Infrastructure Room, development of IFC compatible with project types essential to civil engineering being bridge, road, and railway projects is made. The Civil Engineering Committee cooperates with bSI Infrastructure Room, operating to expand to Japanese project participation, international sharing of information and more.
- Concluding international MOU related to IFC Bridge Project
- Participating in IFC Alignment Project
- Participating in IFC Overall Architecture Project
- Participating in IFC Road and Railway Project
- Participating in IFC Tunnel Project
About civil engineering model view definition
Since 2017, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism operates civil engineering CIM model exchanging in CIM trials and construction works. The civil engineering model view definition establishes the handling of IFC shape models and external files used in CIM model exchanges.
Civil engineering model view definition and compatible software list